Sunday, September 13, 2009

Time @ Times Of India

Hi All, I’m finally getting back to writing almost after 6 long months. So many things happened in the past 6 months.

I remember when 01st began to write, ‘My Angel’ sitting in the Toi office. Thanks to the environment which was full of creative people, automatically made my pen move on the paper. Then one by one I went on penning down my thoughts which turned out be beautiful articles… I was so shocked…. And now after a break of 6 months it’s high time I start writing again.

So let me share with you the most beautiful experience of my life…

My Time @TOI….

I joined TOI in the recruitment team at the V.T. office. I was supposed to handle RMD—replacement for Praisy who was going to get married then.

It was a dream come true.. I always wanted to be associated with a brand name like TOI. Now let me introduce you to my team.

Ashish – The captain of the ship – our boss and a most fun loving person to be with. A total foodie and party animal. Our support and strength all the time.

Meeta – The Perfect HR- Simple and elegant. Knows exactly what suits her.There was not a single day which would pass without her "Royce ya...."It was fun listening to her wen she would talk to consultants.

Harshal- The best mentor you can ever get. She is mischievous and at the same time professional. Knows when to draw the line. Can gel with anybody.

Aditi –The Cute one – She is indeed a very cute looking mummy. She too is naughty and noisy at times. I must say it’s very boring without her around.

Jigna – A best friend- a typical gujju behen who loves watching all types of movies—Even a Himesh Reshammiya movie.

Devika – The baby of our team. The quietest yet the sweetest and the most innocent among all of us.

Bishakha – The Actress – you will not see her without her makeup and eyeliner, very sensitive and hyper active. A girl with a sweet smile and cute dimples.

Shubha – The invisible one – Someone who is never there when you want her.

So this was our team at TOI. Each one so different from the other. It was work cum fun.

With Aditi harassing Ashish for a chutti for her son Hriday’s fancy dress competition, and Meeta fighting with the consultants for sending the wrong candidates for Response.

On the other hand you’ll find Harshu singing nursery rhymes to Netra “Teddy Teddy bear turn around…”

Suddenly Bishakha would call out “ Aaaaaasssshhhhiiiissshhh $$$$$.My candidate got selected for PT .Ohhh dearrrr I can’t believe it.”

Jigna who was all this while busy checking out which movie is releasing this Friday, would start talking about recruitment of secretaries and aayas for Cost.

While Devika would be busy tallying her MIS report with Anil koshy’s , I would be running up and down to RMD, trying to cool down-- the short tempered Mr Wallia who would want everything to be done perfectly.

Aditi and Harshu would be exchaging baby clothes and baby tips, Devika n me would be showing off our creative skills where I would write the blog and she would edit it for me.

In the midst of all this noise and masti a question would pop up “Where is Shubha?” And we would all have a hearty laugh…. Hehehehe…

We miss every moment spent there, wish we all could come back again and have more fun together.

-Written by Kavita
-Edited by Devika

2 comments:

Sakshi said...

Hey Kavi!!!!! so happy that u started writing......Nice write up .I was feeling as if all these things are happening around me.....

Sapna - Just a Dream said...

Hi, Thanks ya .. finally someone comment on my post... Im sorry i dint recognize u ... I dont know anyone by the name of Sonu... Can plz help with ur real name???